09 November 2009

This too shall pass (I hope)

The Lindy Hop
Dance, you mad whirling bastards!  Kick up your heels thusly!

Dancing is just one of those things
I cannot do (sober) unless it is a full moon.  Lycanthropy and coordination are
remarkably similar conditions...  So why do I sometimes
think that
I should
dance
with
you?

New thought:

Where were you when Michael Flatly became intolerable to watch?  I don't remember, myself,
not when there are other things to never forget remembering.  Never remember.

Yell up the stairs saying hello for the first time or the
most recent time (time being what it was, it will be impossible to have been recalling)
did they actually know just what is/couldbe/wouldbe/won'tbe/am?

Thump.  Thump.
The dancers jump.
Twist. Twist.
Methinks they're pissed.
Flop, flap.
The people applaud.

No comments:

All content is copyright 2007-2009 by Aaron Poppleton. If you were to steal it, I would probably have to hunt you down and do something unspeakable to you.